Closing Date: January 31, 2020
Job Region: Ottawa (Flexible)
Years of Experience: 5+
Salary Range: $65,000 – $85,0000
What exactly is this position all about? It’s a fundraising consulting gig where you are the day-to-day contact point for clients and execute the annual fundraising programs of charities who work in primarily direct mail, digital and/or legacy giving.
Are you passionate about fundraising? Are you self-motivated, curious and opinionated? Comfortable being called a project management wizard? Can you magically conjure persuasive and compelling copy? Like the idea of a fast-paced, highly flexible work environment? Do you like to solve problems and offer creative solutions? This might be the career for you.
Good Works is seeking an Account Manager (we call these folks Philanthropic Counsels) to work closely with our charity clients to ensure timely and superior delivery of turn-key and custom consulting solutions. Key responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day communications with clients
- Ensure a positive and valuable experience for all clients and with all projects
- Build critical relationships between internal account teams, clients and key stakeholders
- Execute tactical plans for direct response fundraising programs, including direct mail, digital, stewardship, legacy campaigns, etc. as per needs of the client
- Implement annual client strategy (numbers and creative) and report on initiatives to the client
- Manage the writing or revision of fundraising material as required
- Work collaboratively with the Lead, other Philanthropic Counsels, Project Specialists and the account team as necessary to establish and meet timelines
- Obtain appropriate buy-in and approval from clients to proceed to successive steps in projects
- Ensure deep client loyalty and a high renewal rate in concert with the client Lead
- Further and deepen individual and company profile through writing/blogging and/or volunteerism
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in fundraising, with a preference for those with individual giving experience in direct mail, digital and/or legacy
- Project management expertise
- Highly adaptable, flexible and able to prioritize as part of a small but nimble team
- Able to successfully juggle multiple, competing deadlines in a fast‐paced, changing environment
- Proactive (confident in asking questions, generating ideas, and being a self-starter) on projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Solid people management, leadership and diplomacy skills
Salary Range: $65,000 – $85,000
Location: Candidate to be based out of our Ottawa office
About Good Works
We’re a company of fundraising consultants based in Ottawa who specialize in individual giving.
That means we work directly with causes to grow giving and spread donor love in mailboxes, inboxes, and everywhere in-between. We help charities get personal with each and every donor through direct marketing that’s tailor-made to create their biggest fans.
Part of our recipe for success is that we’re master storytellers (the other part is our team, plus a few classified secrets only revealed to our clients). We craft compelling and moving stories that deeply connect supporters to a cause.
We offer competitive salaries, a benefits package, professional development opportunities and a flexible work environment. We also encourage professional and personal volunteerism.
To learn more about us, and to see a list of our clients, visit our website at www.goodworksco.ca.
1101 Prince of Wales Drive, Unit 110
Ottawa, Ontario K2C 3W7
TEL: (613) 232-9113