Closing Date: February 19, 2021
Job Region: Ottawa (Flexible)
Years of Experience: 5+
Salary Range: $65,000 – $95,000
Are you passionate about fundraising? Can you plan a revenue generating program like nobody’s business? Are you a project management wizard? Are you comfortable being a thought leader and helping to guide clients to a future they can’t even see yet for themselves? Are you self-motivated, curious and opinionated? Comfortable being called a project management wizard? Like the idea of a fast-paced, highly flexible work environment? This might be the career for you.
This is a fundraising consulting gig. This role will allow you to create and execute direct mail, digital and legacy giving campaigns while managing client relationships. You will also be the day-to-day contact point for clients on their annual fundraising programs.
Good Works is seeking an Account Manager and Fundraising Strategist (we call these team members Philanthropic Counsel) to work closely with our charity clients to shape and deliver turn-key and custom consulting solutions. Key responsibilities include:
Strategy and Subject Matter Expertise
- Develop and implement annual multichannel strategies (both numbers and creative) to maintain and/or expand fundraising programs
- Create and implement tactical plans for direct response fundraising programs, including direct mail, digital, stewardship, legacy campaigns, etc. as per needs of the client
- Complete data audits, fundraising reviews and plans, and other custom consulting work
- Be a storytelling expert able to guide the client, writers and yourself in crafting inspiring stories that build connections between donors and the cause they care about
- Write or manage the writing and revision of fundraising material as required
- Develop and implement new and innovative approaches to expand or improve current fundraising practices
Client Management and Advisory
- Day-to-day communications with clients
- Develop and adhere to budgets and projections with client
- Ensure client satisfaction by proactively identifying customer issues and offering creative and timely solutions to those issues
- Build critical relationships between internal account teams, clients and key stakeholders
- Analyze, make recommendations and report on initiatives to the client
- Work collaboratively with Project Specialists and the account team as necessary to establish and meet timelines
- Conceptualize campaigns, both design and copy
- Obtain appropriate buy-in and approval from clients to proceed to successive steps in projects
- Ensure deep client loyalty and a high renewal rate, including managing the contract renewal process in concert with the client Lead
- Further and deepen individual and company profile through speaking engagements, writing/blogging and/or volunteerism
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in fundraising, with a preference for those with individual giving experience in at least one of our three pillars of direct mail, digital and/or legacy
- Highly adaptable, flexible and able to prioritize as part of a small but nimble team
- Able to successfully juggle multiple, competing deadlines in a fast‐paced, changing environment
- Proactive (confident in asking questions, generating ideas, and being a self-starter) on projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Solid people management, leadership and diplomacy skills
About Good Works
We’re a company of fundraising consultants based in Ottawa who specialize in individual giving.
That means we work directly with causes to grow giving and spread donor love in mailboxes, inboxes, and everywhere in-between. We help charities get personal with each and every donor through direct marketing that’s tailor-made to create their biggest fans.
Part of our recipe for success is that we’re master storytellers (the other part is our team, plus a few classified secrets only revealed to our clients). We craft compelling and moving stories that deeply connect supporters to a cause.
We offer competitive salaries, a benefits package, professional development opportunities and a flexible work environment. We also encourage professional and personal volunteerism.
To learn more about us, and to see a list of our clients, visit our website at www.goodworksco.ca.
1101 Prince of Wales Drive, Unit 110
Ottawa, Ontario K2C 3W7
TEL: (613) 232-9113