Closing Date: January 8, 2021
Job Region: Ottawa
Salary Band: $40,000 – $60,000/year
Years of Experience: 3+
Are you passionate about digital fundraising? Are you self-motivated, curious and organized? Enjoy working with extremely creative and strategic thinkers? Like the idea of a fast-paced, highly flexible work environment?
Good Works is seeking a Communications and Digital Fundraising Specialist to work closely with our team and clients to ensure timely and superior delivery of services. This individual works as part of Account Teams where required and contributes to the strength of the Good Works brand through various marketing activities. Key responsibilities include:
Communications & Digital
- Execute integrated fundraising campaign strategies, and implement campaigns in all digital spaces, including web, social, email, incorporating best practices in lead generation, social media marketing and SEO
- Analyze email and digital campaign performance and provide reports and recommendations
- Update and maintain email lists for a variety of email clients
- Strategic development and execution of Google Ads and social media advertising campaigns (including content creation and ad buying)
- Write and repackage content for multi-media, web, social, print and other distribution channels
- Assist in comprehensive digital and data audits by analyzing existing analytics data to provide recommendations on how to optimize and improve fundraising performance
- Write and edit fundraising materials as assigned, including but not limited to direct mail letters, website copy, emails, stewardship campaigns, case for support documents, brochures, thank you letters and other fundraising collateral
- Proof reading and support in the development of internal/external documents as required (including RFPs)
- Maintenance of Good Works social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and others as required)
- Responsibility for the Good Works editorial calendar (Tips of the Month, Email Blasts, Blog Posts) and project management of the marketing and research strategies
- Creative support and development of GW marketing materials, including the formatting of RFPs, client samples and client reports
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the digital realm, with a preference for those with fundraising and/or marketing experience
- Highly adaptable, flexible and able to prioritize as part of a small but nimble team
- Able to successfully juggle multiple, competing deadlines in a fast‐paced, changing environment
- Proactive (confident in asking questions, generating ideas, and being a self-starter) on projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Working knowledge of email client software (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.), fundraising automation tools (Luminate), WordPress, Google Analytics, social media scheduling software, payment processors (Frontstream, Paypal, etc) and some graphic design experience
About Good Works
We’re a company of fundraising consultants based in Ottawa who specialize in individual giving.
That means we work directly with causes to grow giving and spread donor love in mailboxes, inboxes, and everywhere in-between. We help charities get personal with each and every donor through direct marketing that’s tailor-made to create their biggest fans.
Part of our recipe for success is that we’re master storytellers (the other part is our team, plus a few classified secrets only revealed to our clients). We craft compelling and moving stories that deeply connect supporters to a cause.
We offer competitive salaries, professional development opportunities and a flexible work environment. We also encourage professional and personal volunteerism.
To learn more about us, and to see a list of our clients, visit our website at www.goodworksco.ca.
1101 Prince of Wales Drive, Unit 110
Ottawa, Ontario K2C 3W7
TEL: (613) 232-9113