Closing Date: January 8, 2021
Job Region: Ottawa
Years of Experience: 5+
What exactly is a Project Specialist? It’s a position that merges the skills of a print production manager with a focus on logistics management. It’s the backbone of our fundraising consulting ensuring timely and superior delivery of services to both the Good Works team and clients. It is making complex logistics and production management look like art.
Are you passionate about print production and all the accompanying logistics? Are you self-motivated, curious and have a keen eye for minute detail? Comfortable being called a logistics and time management wizard? Can you build a complex critical path and make it look easy? Can you magically juggle competing priorities and projects and not let a ball drop? Like the idea of a fast-paced, highly flexible work environment? This might be the career for you.
Good Works is seeking a Project Specialist to work closely within an Account Team serving our charity clients to ensure timely and superior delivery of turn-key and custom consulting solutions. Key responsibilities include:
Production Coordination & Logistics
- Identify opportunities and relationships with new suppliers, as appropriate
- Maintain excellent working relationships with suppliers, acting as primary liaison, including:
- Acquire/prepare supplier estimates/quotes and negotiate price as required
- Prepare supplier instructions/orders, and manage supplier challenges
- Approve supplier invoicing
- Obtain client approvals for printer blues and proofs
- Provide client with supplier invoice summaries
- Assist Good Works Partners and staff in the tracking of actions and deliverables to ensure a timely delivery of services to clients
- Management of all design, print, lettershop, data, and fulfillment functions for direct marketing campaigns
- Create and maintain Critical Paths, and maintain weekly production schedule / annual campaign plans based upon Projections and Creative Plans
- Coordinate, compile and send weekly program updates to clients
- Work with the Account Team to formulate the look/artwork for each campaign
- Draft and update results spreadsheets including post campaign reporting
Client management and advisory
- Ensure a positive and valuable experience for all clients and with all projects
- Work closely with Account Teams to provide high-quality products and services to all clients
- Bring a broad and current knowledge of production processes and best practices, program and campaign design and delivery
- Versed in all production methods, including digital
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in print production/direct marketing/lettershop, with a preference for those with direct mail and/or digital experience
- Highly adaptable, flexible and able to prioritize as part of a small but nimble team
- Highly organized and able to successfully juggle multiple, competing deadlines in a fast‐paced, changing environment
- Proactive (confident in asking questions, generating ideas, and being a self-starter) on projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Solid project management, people management and diplomacy skills
About Good Works
We’re a company of fundraising consultants based in Ottawa who specialize in individual giving.
That means we work directly with causes to grow giving and spread donor love in mailboxes, inboxes, and everywhere in-between. We help charities get personal with each and every donor through direct marketing that’s tailor-made to create their biggest fans.
Part of our recipe for success is that we’re master storytellers (the other part is our team, plus a few classified secrets only revealed to our clients). We craft compelling and moving stories that deeply connect supporters to a cause.
We offer competitive salaries, a benefits package, professional development opportunities and a flexible work environment. We also encourage professional and personal volunteerism.
To learn more about us, and to see a list of our clients, visit our website at www.goodworksco.ca.
1101 Prince of Wales Drive, Unit 110
Ottawa, Ontario K2C 3W7
TEL: (613) 232-9113