Closing Date: July 22, 2022
Job Region: Ottawa (Flexible)
Years of Experience: 7+
Salary Range: $80,000 – $100,000
What exactly is this position all about? It’s a fundraising consulting gig where you are the lead strategist for a group of clients. You will provide the vision and direction for the annual fundraising programs of charities who work in primarily direct mail, digital and/or legacy giving.
Are you passionate about fundraising? Can you plan a revenue generating program like nobody’s business? Can you magically conjure persuasive and compelling copy? Comfortable being a thought leader and helping to guide clients to a future they can’t even see yet for themselves? Are you self-motivated, curious and opinionated? Like the idea of a fast-paced, highly flexible work environment? This might be the career for you.
Good Works is seeking a Campaign Strategist to work closely with the account team and our charity clients to ensure timely and superior delivery of turn-key and custom consulting solutions. Key responsibilities include:
Client Strategy and Management
- Understand the unique operational contexts of each client to inform strategic recommendations
- Develop and document annual program strategy, budget and tactical plans for integrated direct mail, digital and legacy programs
- Conceive each campaign strategy and creative concept and guide how it comes to life in copy and visual components of the campaign and present to client at kick off call
- Be a storytelling expert able to guide the client, writers and yourself in crafting inspiring stories that build connections between donors and the cause they care about
- Keep up to date on sector trends and new fundraising knowledge
- Develop and implement new and innovative approaches to expand or improve current fundraising practices
- Fundraising copywriting and editing for pieces that need to be written in-house
- Fundraising copy review for pieces before shared with client
- Review of campaign briefs, copy, and artwork for quality assurance before it’s shared with a client
- Input into project management (update status notes, weekly updates to client)
- Work collaboratively with account team (Director Client Experience, Account Manager and Print Production Specialist) and other Pod team contributors as necessary to establish and meet timelines
Reporting and Analysis
- Analyze campaigns, strategies and make recommendations and report back to client (quarterly, mid-year and/or year-end)
- Ensure deep client loyalty and a high renewal rate in concert along with the account team and the Director Client Experience
- Through writing, blogging, speaking and professional volunteerism, raise profile of Good Works
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in fundraising, with a preference for those with individual giving experience in direct mail, digital and/or legacy
- Highly adaptable, flexible and able to prioritize as part of a small but nimble team
- Able to successfully juggle multiple, competing deadlines in a fast‐paced, changing environment
- Proactive (confident in asking questions, generating ideas, and being a self-starter) on projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Solid people management, leadership and diplomacy skills
Location: Candidate to be based out of our Ottawa office, which operates with a hybrid model
Reports To: Director Client Experience
About Good Works
We’re a company of fundraising consultants based in Ottawa who specialize in individual giving. Our team is growing rapidly and we’re looking to fill another Campaign Strategist position.
At Good Works, we work directly with causes to grow giving and spread donor love in mailboxes, inboxes, and everywhere in-between. We help charities get personal with each and every donor through direct marketing that’s tailor-made to create their biggest fans.
Part of our recipe for success is that we’re master storytellers (the other part is our team, plus a few classified secrets only revealed to our clients). We craft compelling and moving stories that deeply connect supporters to a cause.
We offer competitive salaries, a drug and HSA benefits package, professional development opportunities and a flexible work environment. The total compensation package calculated for each staff member pays in the top 10% of the sector, for the matched role and experience, based on rates in the National Capital Region. We also encourage professional and personal volunteerism. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and perspectives to apply for a job where you can do the best work of your career.