Closing Date: July 22, 2022
Job Region: Ottawa (Flexible)
Years of Experience: 5+
Salary Range: $65,000 – $85,000
What exactly is this position all about? It’s a people and systems leadership role. You’ll manage and provide leadership to the creative services team, which encompasses graphic designers, copywriters, digital specialists, as well as freelancers and vendors. Your team supports our client service delivery teams in the execution of direct mail, digital and/or legacy giving campaigns.
Are you passionate about systems and processes? Are you self-motivated, curious and good at managing people? Comfortable being called a project management wizard? Do you enjoy optimizing processes? Like the idea of a fast-paced, highly flexible work environment? Do you like to solve problems and offer creative solutions? This might be the career for you.
Good Works is seeking a Manager Creative People and Systems to work closely with our client service teams to ensure timely and superior delivery of turn-key fundraising solutions for our charity clients. Key responsibilities include:
Resource and Project Management
- Manage assignment of graphic design, copywriting, and digital fundraising projects, tracking and billing
- Provide estimates to Account Manager for creative work where required
- Quality control of creative assets as required
- Develop, implement and improve systems and processes
- Understand and anticipate the needs of the client service delivery Pods
- In year 1, this role will lead the implementation of a new project management system
- Develop training and tools for staff (and clients) to use the project management system
- Management of the creative service delivery Pod (4-6 team members)
- Dotted line supervision of supporting team members from client services teams
- Ensure a positive and valuable experience for all clients and with all projects
- Build critical relationships between internal account teams
- Manage and provide training for freelance copywriters
- Negotiate contractual terms of relationships with vendors
- Develop new relationships, manage other creative vendors and freelancers as required (such as telemarketing, web developers and coders, video producers, media buyers)
Qualifications and Experience
- Project and people management expertise
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in fundraising and/or marketing and/or operations, with a preference for those who may have familiarity with graphic design, direct mail, digital and/or legacy
- Highly adaptable, flexible and able to prioritize as part of a small but nimble team
- Proactive (confident in asking questions, generating ideas, and being a self-starter) on projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Good consulting, people management and diplomacy skills
Salary Range: $65,000 – $85,000
Location: Candidate to be based out of our Ottawa office, which operates with a hybrid model
Reports To: Partner & Head of Client Delivery
About Good Works
We’re a company of fundraising consultants based in Ottawa who specialize in individual giving. Our team is growing rapidly and this is a brand new position.
At Good Works, we work directly with causes to grow giving and spread donor love in mailboxes, inboxes, and everywhere in-between. We help charities get personal with each and every donor through direct marketing that’s tailor-made to create their biggest fans.
Part of our recipe for success is that we’re master storytellers (the other part is our team, plus a few classified secrets only revealed to our clients). We craft compelling and moving stories that deeply connect supporters to a cause.
We offer competitive salaries, a drug and HSA benefits package, professional development opportunities and a flexible work environment. The total compensation package calculated for each staff member pays in the top 10% of the sector, for the matched role and experience, based on rates in the National Capital Region. We also encourage professional and personal volunteerism. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and perspectives to apply for a job where you can do the best work of your career.