Closing Date: October 1, 2022
Job Region: Ottawa (Flexible)
Years of Experience: 2+
Salary Range: $55,000 – $70,000
What exactly is this position all about? It is a role that drives business development by growing and strengthening the Good Works brand through thought leadership and pull marketing related to direct mail, digital and/or legacy giving.
Are you passionate about marketing and research? Are you curious about fundraising? Comfortable with various research methodologies and have unbeatable project management skills? Can you whip up a marketing strategy and multi-channel tactical plan like magic? Like the idea of a fast-paced, highly flexible work environment? Do you like to solve problems and offer creative solutions? This might be the career for you.
Good Works is seeking a Marketing and Research Associate to support both business development and research projects designed to benefit the charitable sector and fundraising best practices. Key responsibilities include:
Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Strategize, develop, implement and report on the Good Works annual marketing plan
- Manage the Good Works marketing budget
- Manage the Good Works email list, including maintaining list hygiene, fostering list growth, and sending regular email that aligns with business development goals
- Manage the Good Works blog schedule, obtaining content from the Good Works team that aligns our current business development goals and uploading it on a timely basis
- Maintain the Good Works website, including client case studies, search engine optimization, staff bios, and regular reviews for quality
- Maintain Good Works social media (Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Manage Good Works brand guidelines and ensure a common, branded look-and-feel for all outward facing materials
Research Support and Project Management
- Manage timelines and processes for Good Works research, including the development and design of the final whitepaper, as well as unique marketing plans for each
- Manage the annual DM benchmarks project, and new Not Your Grandma’s Direct Mail project
- Support all research projects with marketing to ensure broad and targeted reach
- Manage Client Love (broad/generic cultivation for current clients) and marketing activities for pipeline cultivation
- Manage conference submissions and available speakers and sessions
- From time to time, review and format RFP submissions
- Further and deepen individual and company profile through writing/blogging and/or volunteerism
- Keep up to date on sector trends and new fundraising knowledge
- Support/back-up for the Digital Fundraiser as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in marketing, with a preference for those with individual giving experience in direct mail, digital and/or legacy
- Project management expertise
- Highly adaptable, flexible and able to prioritize as part of a small but nimble team
- Able to successfully juggle multiple, competing deadlines in a fast‐paced, changing environment
- Proactive (confident in asking questions, generating ideas, and being a self-starter) on projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Good people management and diplomacy skills
Salary Range: $55,000 – $70,000
Location: Candidate to be based out of our Ottawa office, which operates with a hybrid model
Reports To: Partner, Client Delivery, Research and Business Development
About Good Works
We’re a company of fundraising consultants based in Ottawa who specialize in individual giving. We’re hiring a new Print Production Specialist as one of our staff team retires.
At Good Works, we work directly with causes to grow giving and spread donor love in mailboxes, inboxes, and everywhere in-between. We help charities get personal with each and every donor through direct marketing that’s tailor-made to create their biggest fans.
Part of our recipe for success is that we’re master storytellers (the other part is our team, plus a few classified secrets only revealed to our clients). We craft compelling and moving stories that deeply connect supporters to a cause.
We offer competitive salaries, a drug and HSA benefits package, professional development opportunities and a flexible work environment. The total compensation package calculated for each staff member pays in the top 10% of the sector, for the matched role and experience, based on rates in the National Capital Region. We also encourage professional and personal volunteerism. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and perspectives to apply for a job where you can do the best work of your career.