Last modified: November 9, 2023.
Good Works Communications Inc. (“Company” or “we”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our website users (“you”), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.goodworksco.ca (our “website”), and/or through any communications you may have with us, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your Personal Information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
For the purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” includes any information about an identifiable individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information, that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact or locate a single person, but does not include names, titles or other information that is publicly available, such as business contact information or information found in a telephone directory.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On this website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website or us.
- Offline activity and communications between you and this website or us.
This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our website. By accessing or using this website, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the practices described in this policy. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this website after we make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal Information that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline.
- Non-personal information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
- Technical information including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your website interactions including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- User contributions. You may also provide information for us to publish or display on public website areas or transmit to other website users or third parties.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect directly from you on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our mailing list, posting material, and/or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include Personal Information, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns or recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer Personal Information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep Personal Information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the Personal Information with the same standards set out in this policy.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- If you have subscribed to receive emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by the Company, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the Personal Information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the Personal Information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your Personal Information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you delete your User Contributions from the website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other website users.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your Personal Information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
The Company has appointed a designated privacy contact who acts as Chief Privacy Officer (“CPO”) responsible for information system monitoring and information security policy and procedure management.
6 Hamilton Avenue North, Unit 4